A Successful Slideshow Is More Than Just Photos.
FIRST - The photos themselves. If you do not know how to 'optimize' photos take these few tips to enhance the photos and make the page on which your slideshow resides load faster.
- Make the photos circumference (outside dimensions) fit the space where you will place your slideshow. All photos should be the same size whenever possible.
- IF you do not have software to 'resize' get a free one like Paint.net. I use Paint.net so know it's a great piece of software. Very versatile and easy to use. Download Paint.net from the getpaint.net website.
You can also brighten and change contrast of the photos utilizing the Paint.net software.
GO to Tinypng.com and upload each photo and watch how much in pixels you can save. THIS action will make your photos ready to add to a slideshow and not slow down the load time of the page.
For photos and graphics use the .jpg or .png format. Save the photo in each format and see which one is smaller after using the Tinypng tool. Very Cool. ;)
How To Set Up A Slideshow At Weebly - Part 2
Uploading the photos.
Start with 'Drag and Drop" ---
- Hover over the slideshow and the control buttons will appear at the top.
- Use the "Pause" button (top left of slideshow) to view a slide longer.
- Use the "Numbers" at the bottom to review a slideshow page at will.
How To Set Up A Slideshow At Weebly - 3
The Slideshow Tools for your users at your blog/site.
Publish your web page or blog entry. NOW, go read it through and be thorough.
While proofing your work ---
- Do all the links work? Click them and make sure they open in a new window.
- Do all the images have caption text? Very important, not just for users but also for search engine indexing too.
- Is the slideshow easy to use? Will people figure out how to use it, intuitively.
- White Space - plenty of room around the slideshow?
- THINK while you proofread - otherwise your page/post will not look professional to your visitors.
FINAL NOTE ---
You can also right click any of the photos in the slideshows and save them. But if you share them, be sure to give credit to Buddy Web Services! A link to this post would be great. Thanks. ;)