A free webinar-workshop --- presentation to be found at the above link.
The workshop addressed several areas.
- Which accounts should be an integral part of a social media plan - The Big 5.
- Set-up accounts - keep track of time as a factor for later use.
- DIY or hire a consultant to set-up the accounts?
- DIY or hire a virtual assistant to operate the accounts?
- Social Media Management - Time Tracking for future comparisons.
- Daily Time Tracking at each account.
- How to do statistical comparisons.
The Formula you use for R.O.I. shall have three components ---
If you don't keep track of your time, (time is money) you may not know which social media platform is working best for the time involved in working that platform (i.e. Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest)
- You worked at Facebook 34 hours last month.
- You worked at Google+ only 15 hours last month..
You'll want to compare the increased traffic to actual sales for that month. We recommend a much longer term if you are just starting out to be sure your calculations are correct. AND you will always need to perform this action at various times to adjust and justify hours at any given platform.
As always, put your time in where the money (sales) is coming from.
The Presentation and Forms are still free to download---
BTA-001 Basics: Social Media Integration and Management (PDF Slideshow)
BTA-001 Social Media Time Tracking Forms (PDF Forms)
Even if you elect to build a spreadsheet to do your time tracking, you will want to include items on the forms. They will give you a preview of some of the detail you may want close at hand when analyzing your time, traffic, etc. i.e. - which blog posts or website pages garnered the most traffic.
Good Luck! Let us know if this helped you in the comments. ;)